Friday, January 18, 2008

Marathon Oil Corporation

Marathon Oil Corporation is an integrated international energy company engaged in
exploration and production; integrated gas; and refining, marketing and transportation.
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Marathon has exploration and production activities in
the United States, Angola, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Indonesia, Ireland, Libya, Norway, the
Ukraine and the United Kingdom.
In 2006, Marathon was awarded a 70 percent interest and operatorship in the Pasangkayu
PSC. The approximately 12 million-acre block is on and offshore the island of Sulawesi in
the Makassar Strait, directly east of the prolific Kutei Basin oil and gas production region.
Approximately 10 percent of the block is located on Sulawesi with the remaining 90
percent in water depths ranging from 328 feet to more than 6,562 feet.

Offering unparalleled training and development, excellent compensation and benefits,
Marathon is looking for the following professionals for these key roles:

• Business Analyst (ref 07-0319), Min. 5 years or above, Degree Business Administration
or Engineering to analyze market opportunities, cash flow economics & developing

• Sr. Geologist (ref 07-0464), Degree in Geology, Minimum 10 years experience in
hydrocarbon exploration in Indonesia, proficiency in play and prospect generation, ability
to use Workstation products (Landmark or equivalent), preparation of WP&B and AFEs

• Sr. Geophysicist (ref 07-0465), Degree in Geophysics or Geosciences, Minimum 10 years
experience in hydrocarbon exploration in Indonesia, prospect generation, processing
experience an advantage, proficiency in use of Workstation interpretation and mapping

• Cartographic/ GIS Coordinator (ref 07-0466), Min. 10 years or above, Degree in
Management Information, various GIS mapping, CAD & Montage to prepare Cartography &
Presentation Graphics

• HES Specialist (ref 07-0467), Min. 10 years or above, Degree on HES or Engineering,
Familiar with HES International standard & government regulation to coordinate for HES
Induction programs

• Oil & Gas Translator (ref 07-0468), Min. 5 years or above, Degree or Diploma in related
technical discipline, doing translation English and Indonesia vice versa or general
correspondence as required

• Regulatory Compliance Coordinator (ref 07-0528), Min. 10 years or above, Degree in
Commerce or audit to ensuring all Indonesian regulatory & internal company governance
requirements are met

• Drilling Engineer (ref-0530), Min. 10 years or above, Degree in Engineering &
experience in offshore drilling in Indonesia waters is preferred to make plan, coordinate &
implement drilling programs

Candidates should address their application to:

Wisma Staco 7th Floor Jl. Casablanca Kav. 18 Jakarta 12870
Email all applications to: marathonoil@ benchrecruit. com

Application Deadline 19 January 2008.

Benchmark Recruitment

No comments: